Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Ah.

I couldn't think of another title for this. "Ah" is about right. I mean, if I was asked to make a comment for the record on learning the following information, all I could come up with would be "Ah" and possibly "OK then".

Referring back to the PA to the Director of Children's Services who helped me establish that my letter got lost in the hallowed halls of County, here, it seems that it, or the email duplicate, hit the spot in the end.

Further to this sudden turnaround and provision of my requested mainstream school, I have today received a letter from said Director, dated 25 April, so only typed or composed the same day that my caseworker called to say that P school had been awarded and that the statement would be with me inside the week (it wasn't and still isn't, but hey, if all I'd had was the Dir's letter, I wouldnt even know that much.)

With lots of apologies, it's a very conciliatory letter, but the apologies are all backed up with reasons and the last comment screams of covering backs:

"I am confident that 'Son's' special educational needs can be well met in an East Sussex County Council maintained mainstream school and that....."

Thats where the 'Ah' comes in.

I've never met this guy, perhaps he's a lovely bloke and genuine, its just I can imagine that those who were counting pennies when I mentioned the Priory school may now be jumping through hoops and cracking open the best biscuits, knowing they have the backing of the highest authority in the County Education dept to insist that mainstream is good enough.

We'll just have to wait and see if the mainstream school agrees once he is installed, I guess, and anyway Son's educational needs at this point in time need have no real similarity to his educational needs another six months closer to spotty puberty. We face the time of obvious change.

Ok, then..........

1 Comments:

Blogger Tina@ SendChocolateNow said...

Ah, Cheryl! I hope it works out and is a good place for your son. I so hate administrators.

I admire your calm. I just couldn't do it anymore. That's why I homeschool.

May 02, 2006 6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

http://www.consumercorner.co.uk