Thursday, May 18, 2006

The World According To, #1

Son has been for his first induction morning at the new senior school. This is an act of faith on the part of both schools (Junior and Senior), as in spite of the 8 weeks for statementing having run out on 23rd last month, in spite of the phonecalls confirming the school choice etc the following Monday, the promise of a final statement within the week - no sign of the Statement.
At all.

Consequently no negotiations about transport, no official letter from his bew school, dates, hours, uniform list, all the stuff we need - nothing.

That wasn't why I began this post.

The latest quote from the world according to Son, marvelling at his progression:

"Hey Mum, I've been thinking; I mean, I'm nearly at senior school and after that it'll be University (Editors note: Yay! The kid assumes he'll go to Uni!), so really, you and dad are just holding me down.
"Like a hundred helium filled balloons.
"So stop trying because I'm going to escape and get up to the sky in the end."

And with that he smiled and wandered off again, so I really have no idea whether he has genuine visions of greatness and fulfilment, or whether this was his infamous sarcasm.

Being the mum of an Aspie teaches you to be a bit simple really - 'ok dear, if you say so' is about the safest reaction.

12 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

So you're just holding him back then? Well that's nice to know!
Bless him, I see greatness for your son, I really do.

May 18, 2006 8:40 AM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Bless you for saying so!
Thats two of you then, with the 'seeing' thing, ;-)

May 18, 2006 9:15 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I've tried to post as requested :-) but it won't let me - keeps saying I've entered the wrong authorisation code - you can find my comment under Astryngia at Large.

May 24, 2006 10:29 PM  
Blogger She Weevil said...

Don't know what Thoma sis really (best diagnosis is borderline dyspraxic.

Aspirations are amazing.

I don't know how to do the normal bit but if they decide that he isn't, stndback and prepare to be amazed. My child has known all the Kings and Queens of Englnad since he was about 7. I don't; I'm crap and Scottish and quite resistant to learning them.

May 27, 2006 11:19 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

So how is the new school, the new term, etc? :-)

September 06, 2006 9:21 PM  
Blogger Harry said...

May I ask, what is an Aspie?

October 10, 2006 8:41 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Hi Harry!
You found my secondary blog.
Aspie - someone with the condition Aspergers syndrome.
Try this: http://madbaggagerambling.blogspot.com/2006/03/aspergers-is.html

October 10, 2006 10:12 PM  
Blogger Harry said...

I thought so. Thanks for providing the site (which failed to load, naturally).
Our 13 yo (his older brother states that he acts 6 but thinks he must be 20) has AS. It is encouraging just to hear your son has made it this far.

October 11, 2006 4:01 PM  
Blogger fineartist said...

Holding that guy down are ya?

Heh, heh. I love it when they come up with those conclusions, especially when they're being good natured about it.

My grandson's mom, when she was three wanted to learn to read, her momma kept reading to her and she threw a fit, said, "If you don't stop doing this for me I'll never learn to read." Cracked me up.

I'll be watching high in the sky for your boy, I will, he'll be the one right above the rainbow, I just know it!

December 16, 2006 10:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep BlogginG!

January 28, 2007 7:08 PM  
Blogger Philip. said...

You have a very interesting blog.

Philip
www.disabled-help.org

July 07, 2007 9:49 AM  
Blogger Tina@ SendChocolateNow said...

Hi Cheryl, I don't know if you remember me, but I have been trying to read your blog to find out how things are going. You used to read my blog and I am in your blogroll.

Your active blog seems to have been set to private. You don't have to change it, just wanted to see how things are going with you. Drop me a line, when you get this comment, if you have a moment.

May 17, 2008 9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

http://www.consumercorner.co.uk